Monday, February 20, 2012

Treasure hunting @ IJ-Hallenmarkt - NDSM Werf


Without a doubt, visiting the IJ-hallenmarkt is one of my favorite weekend activities. When I was a kid, me and my father often visited flea markets, since he really likes them as well. Now that I'm grown up, I still love to go. The IJ-hallenmarkt is a vintage market in the North of Amsterdam, organized once every month, where you can buy clothes, antiques and lots of strange, undefinable things. The entrance fee is 4 euros, which is actually way more than you pay for most items sold at the market. One tip: make sure you get there early! I always (I have to admit I literally go here every month..) arrive at 09.00, when the market opens, together with a lot of other treasure hunters & fashion addicts. The next market will take place 3-4 March. Good luck!

www.ijhallen.nl

No comments:

Post a Comment